Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This feature has a different (usually) book related topic each week, and the goal is to compose a list of ten things that correspond to the topic!
This week’s theme is: Most Anticipated Releases For The Second Half Of The Year
What a great year for book releases! Compiling this list wasn’t as hard as I originally thought it might be. I had a ton of books to choose from, and lucky for me, I’ve got a lot of strong feelings about everything on my list, which is what made this easy for me!
- A TORCH AGAINST THE NIGHT (August 30, 2016) – I basically start hyperventilating when I think about this book release! August 30th is going to be like Christmas, and I’m – cough, cough – thinking I may end up being a little bit sick that day and need to stay home from work. An Ember in the Ashes was one of my favorite books of 2015, I haven’t loved a book as much as I loved it in a very, very long time. I just finished my re-read in preparation for this release. All I’ve got to say to those of you who haven’t started this series yet is: what in the hell are you waiting for?
- EMPIRE OF STORMS (September 6, 2016) – I don’t think that the Throne of Glass series needs any additional praise from me. There is a reason that almost everyone loves this series, and I’m super pumped to continue the story! I binge read books 1-4, so I’m a tad nervous that I’m going to forget details, but plan to scour the Internet for reviews and recaps to prepare!
- HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD (July 31, 2016) – OBVIOUSLY this is on my list. As much as I’ve told myself that I am going to find a way to get myself to London to see this in person, I’m also a realist that recognizes that there is no way that is going to happen before July 31st. I’m already having serious FOMO that other people in the World know this story and I don’t, so I’m going to get my hands on this ASAP.
- THE MIDNIGHT STAR (October 11, 2016) – The Young Elites has been on my TBR list forever. I binge read the Legend series back to back and was happy that I did so, because if I had discovered that series before all of the books were released, I may have died of anticipation waiting for each book. Marie Lu is a God, I love her world building, her character building, and her exquisite storytelling. Therefore, I made the very difficult decision to wait to read The Young Elites series until all of the books were published, so that I could again binge read them. FINALLY, the time has come!
- THE GOAL (September 26, 2016) – This one isn’t pictured above, because I couldn’t find a shot of the cover on Goodreads, booooo. I read a review of the Off Campus series and it peaked my interest for a few reasons, the biggest one being that I love I enjoyed the series way more than I ever expected, and can’t wait to read the final story.
- THE FEVER CODE (September 27, 2016) – I’ve been a Maze Runner fan for a very long time. I’ve read every book in the series (some multiple times) and am a big fan of the movies (hello, Dylan O’Brien is adorable!), so of course I’m super pumped for this new book to be released! I’m thinking I may re-read the entire series again once this comes out.
- P.S. I LIKE YOU (July 26, 2016) – Kasie West, enough said. Just kidding, but believe me I am tempted to leave my reasoning at just that because, I mean, its Kasie freaking West. I’ve loved every book that I’ve read of hers, and this one sounds like no exception. Bring on the cute love story! The whole back and forth lyric sprawling does sound a tad familiar though…
- THE GIRLS (June 14, 2016) – Okay so I’m cheating a little bit with this one because it is released today, but GAH, this sounds like a great historical fiction! I haven’t read historical fiction that often or in a while, and overall this sounds very different from everything that I’ve been reading lately, so I’m excited for the change of pace. Also, I’m just totally intrigued by the whole cult aspect.
- SWEAR ON THIS LIFE (August 9, 2016) – I can’t remember how I heard about this book because I haven’t read Before We Were Strangers and don’t know too much about Renee Carlino, but THIS. SOUNDS. AWESOME! Every time I read the synopsis I just think about how crazy this situation is, and how I would feel if it happened to me. I mean seriously, starting to read a book because it’s getting all the hype, only to realize it’s about you? My inner introvert is freaking out.
- HARRY POTTER AND THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS: THE ILLUSTRATED EDITION (October 4, 2016) – This one isn’t pictured above, either, because, well honestly I was lazy and didn’t want to go out onto the Interwebs to find a picture! Anyways, Harry Potter, enough said. I love love love seeing these stories brought to life through the illustrations.
So, is it August 30th yet?
I CAN’T TAKE IT ANYMORE.
Which releases are you most looking forward to?