Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This feature has a different (usually) book related topic each week, and the goal is to compose a list of ten things that correspond to the topic!
This week’s theme is: Top Five Favorite 2016 Releases So Far This Year
Alright, well this list is making me feel pretty bad about the number of new releases that I’ve read. To be fair, I didn’t include ones that I didn’t have serious love for in this list, so there are other’s from 2016 that I’ve read, but still … I need to pick it up!
- The Glittering Court – This book totally blew me away. I went into it having not read the synopsis for a while, and I enjoyed it so much! I was a Richelle Mead fan before, having read and loved the Vampire Academy series, but this book solidified her as one of my favorite and insta-read authors. I can’t wait for the rest of this series!
- The Winner’s Kiss – A great conclusion to an amazing series. It had me roped in from page one, and put me through the ringer as far as my emotions went. I love the story, I love the characters, I love the writing, I love the suspense. I just have all kinds of love for this series and I wish I could experience it all over again for the first time.
- Morning Star – I think that this series is seriously underrated. It definitely has a solid following, but I just can’t wrap my head around why there are people out there who haven’t read it. Pierce Brown has built a fabulous world with great characters and it’s insane how the story weaves together through the three books. It is nothing short of brilliant. This whole series is impossible to put down.
- Salt to the Sea – This book is going to stay with me for a while. The alternating views of the characters offered a unique view of this historical event, and the way that the characters were written was incredibly well done. While I was nervous about character building when reading a story from four separate perspectives, that nervousness was unfounded. I also enjoyed learning more about a historical event that I didn’t have any clue about, and this book provoked me to do more research.
- The Score – This is the third book in the New Adult romance series Off Campus, which focuses on a group of college hockey players. First of all, I love hockey and I find hockey players incredibly sexy, so this was an obvious choice for me. The rest of the characters I also love, though, because they’re relatable. These books have attitude, romance, and had me laughing out loud a lot of the time. The final book in the series is also being released in September!
What is your favorite 2016 release that I should DEFINITELY read soon?