Despite the fact that I recently purged my bookshelves, I am again completely out of shelf space. Of course that didn’t stop me when I saw that Barnes and Noble was having a 3 for $30 sale on a ton of YA books! My book habit got the best of me and I just couldn’t help myself (seriously, how do you pass that up). I’m ashamed, I really am. I’m admitting that I have a problem, but I could have worse problems, right? At first this deal seemed too good to be true because they were offering a ton of recent titles and big name books, but it WAS true, so here’s what I picked up:
(I picked up this adorable green gnome at Target. He now stands guard over the books on my bookshelf, so I decided he deserved to be in the picture too.)
- The Girls by Emma Cline – Okay, so I didn’t get this one sale (oops!), but it looks beyond amazing and I haven’t been able to stop thinking about it for a few weeks. Everything about this book is so hypnotic, which I guess I should be a little concerned about considering it is about a cult. Eh, whatever. This takes place in a time that I don’t know much about and is about a subject that I haven’t explored much before, so really pumped to get into this historical fiction.
- When We Collided by Emery Lord – The first line of this description on Goodreads is enough to make me ignore the rest and pick up his book ASAP. “We are seventeen and shattered and still dancing. We have messy, throbbing hearts, and we are stronger than anyone could ever know…” I’m expecting this to be heart wrenching, fabulous, tragic, and totally amazing. The title alone speaks volumes because, isn’t that how love feels, like a collision, especially when you’re young? Bring it on, Emery.
- With Malice by Eileen Cook – This was one of my WOW. I won’t say too much on it, because I’ve already written about it, so you can check that out if you’d like to know more.
- Summer of Sloane by Erin L. Schneider – Having recently been to Hawaii, I can’t wait for this book to transport me back! This book looks like the perfect summer read: it’s got beaches, it’s got love, and it’s got drama. Can’t wait to devour this one by the pool (since I don’t have a beach trip planned in the near future – sad face).
- Places No One Knows Brenna Yovanoff – Another one of my WOW. Check it out J
- Suffer Love by Ashley Herring Blake – I do love a good drama, and this one seems to promise a lot of it! Two characters both dealing with their own stuff, only to come together and have to deal with all that stuff together, on top of all the stuff that will inevitably build between them. I’ve heard some good things about this one, so very excited to dive in.
- A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas (a.k.a. THE QUEEN) – I know I’m probably going to get some crap for it, but I haven’t actually started reading the A Court of Thrones and Roses series yet. I do own both of the books in the series, but this is one I’m trying desperately to not start reading until all of the books are out. Why, you ask? Oh, you know, because I got completely sucked into Throne of Glass, barely slept, hardly ate, and am now constantly battling depressing waiting for the next books to be released. So, if I can hold off and wait to have my hands on all the books in this series before I start it, then that’s what I’m going to do!
- My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand – Another I didn’t actually get as part of the sale (and also forgot to put in the picture – oops). This one came in June’s Uppercase box, and it looks amazing. It’s been getting so much great hype, and I’ll be honest, I was a little reluctant at first, but now that it’s in my hands I’m really looking forward to reading it.
What books have you added to your shelves lately?