Welcome to No Time for Tiny Bookshelves! This blog is mostly about books (young adult, some new adult adult, and some adult fiction), with a sprinkling of other things here and there. It’s a place for you to get honest reviews about books from a blunt and brutally honest girl who has read them, a place to discuss everything book related, and a safe place to be a totally crazy book lovin’ fool without feeling ashamed!
The goal of my reviews (and posts in general) is to truthfully provide my thoughts and feelings in a non-intimidating way; I want each post to have the same feel as if you were having a conversation or getting a book recommendation from a friend. You know how your friends can be totally honest, and they don’t necessarily speak in the most eloquent or technical way when you have a conversation? Yeah, THAT is what I’m going for! Laid back, humorous, and to the point is what you’ll get from me. Also, you know that friend who sometimes says thing that maybe they shouldn’t? That might be me too, so you’ve been warned! (I’m not talking about spoilers – I’ll definitely keep those under wraps. I promise!)
SLYTHERIN ♥ DRACO MALFOY ♥ TEAM PEETA
(Fun Fact: I can do this weird “cross only one eye” thing – as seen above)
My name is Kayla and I’m 28 years old. In my alternate “adulting” life, I’m a technology consultant, I’m married, and I live near Philadelphia. I’ve been obsessed with reading since I was little, the Berenstain Bears and Clifford should get some credit for helping to mold me into the person that I am today. I love traveling, elephants, craft beer, chai tea lattes, and food (in no specific order). A few more things to know about me:
- I am an insanely organized and clean person. Things must be where they belong, everything must be neat and clean, clothes in the closet must be color coordinated. It’s just the life I lead (which is unfortunate for my husband, who is quite a messy person).
- I have an addictive personality. If I start watching a TV show, I can’t just watch it when I have a little time, I have to drop everything else I’m doing so that I can binge watch all 10 seasons on Netflix in a few weeks. This works in my favor though, because the same happens for books! Once I start a new one, it’s all I can think about and focus on until I’ve finished it.
- I consider myself a bit of a complex person. As I alluded to above, I am straightforward and blunt, I say what’s on my mind, and sometimes those thoughts can come off a little aggressively. I’m sarcastic and I sometimes have a mouth like a sailor, but I’m also incredibly silly. I like my alone time, but love being surrounded by my friends and family. I’m like a mosaic!
- I’m one of those people who gets bored pretty easily. I hate feeling stalled, so I tend to change things a lot – my hair, my clothes, the decor of my house. It’s refreshing to face something new and it keeps things exciting. My thought is, life is too short to fall into a routine.
- I’m a child at heart. I love Disney, carrying around a blanket, slushies, cartoons, and animals (real and stuffed)!
- Red Rising Series – Pierce Brown
- The Iliad & The Oddysey – Homer
- Throne of Glass Series – Sarah J. Maas
- Night Circus – Erin Morgenstern
- 1984 – George Orwell
- Harry Potter Series – J.K. Rowling (Should I even list this? I feel like it’s a given)
- Prep – Curtis Sittenfeld
- An Ember in the Ashes – Sabaa Tahir
Want to know more? Follow me on Goodreads.
- Criminal Minds
- Game of Thrones
- How to Get Away with Murder
- Pretty Little Liars
- The Royals
- Teen Wolf
- This is Us
- The Walking Dead